Just like my summer beauty essentials, warm weather completely changes my arsenal of hair products. Humidity takes my naturally wavy-frizzy hair to new heights and damage control is necessary! My hair is kinda tricky to work with. It’s long and I have a lot of it, but the individual strands aren’t thick so it can go flat fast. Traditional frizzy hair products meant for those with super thick manes just leaves my locks limp and greasy – not an attractive look! In my younger years I spent copious amounts of time frying my waves with a straightening iron, resulting in temporally frizz free hair that was completely damaged. I have since wizened up and learned to work with what I’ve got.
- About a year ago I discovered that coconut oil acts as an unbelievable deep conditioner. A weekly application leaves my locks hydrated and shiny, and best of all – not weighed down! Starting at the ends, saturate dry hair with a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil, then cover with a shower cap and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Rinse out thoroughly with two cycles of shampoo, condition as usual. My hair has never looked so healthy!
- I learned about It’s a 10 from my friend Hanna over at Gadabout and decided to give it a try. It’s incredible! I use it religiously before I blow dry and it keeps my frizz at bay and hair super soft.
- Oribe products are not cheap but work so well with my hair I don’t have to justify the splurge. The Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray is an amazing non-sticky formula that produces perfect silky tousled waves sans the salty stiffness. The directions read: “Shake. Spray on wet or dry hair. Tousle to taste and let dry in the St. Tropez air. Follow with lipstick and heels”, which always makes me laugh when grumpily blow drying my hair at 7:00 AM!
- Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray is hands-down the best dry shampoo ever! My hair appears freshly coiffed on day 2 and 3 of my blow dry without the white powdery residue! And the spray’s volumizing capabilities lend themselves perfectly on days I’m looking to channel Brigitte Bardot – which is pretty often!
- Elnett Satin Hairspray has a colt following for good reason! The fine micro diffusion spray creates a long-lasting matte hold that can be brushed out without a trace of sticky buildup.
SHOP THE POST: