Warm temperatures completely change my beauty routine, and sticky air makes barely-there-makeup essential! Contradictory to the amount of products I own (which is A LOT!), I always end up using the same items over and over again.
Here’s my tried and true essentials:
- I am slightly neurotic about applying sunscreen after spending my teenage years on the beach without enough of it (I should have listened to my mother!), and religiously apply CeraVe’s CeraVe Facial Lotion with SPF 30 every AM. It’s gentle enough for my super-sensitive skin and doesn’t leave a white cast like so many other SPF moisturizers.
- I dab on just enough of Jouer’s Luminizing Moisture Tint to even out my skin tone. The light-infusing formula provides the perfect summer glow and SPF 20 adds an extra layer of protection.
- The Balm’s Bahama Mama Bronzer is perfect shade for contouring (warm, but not orange), and doesn’t have an ounce of shimmer – which I think just defines wrinkles. I also use it as my contouring eye shadow.
- Tarte’s Cheek Stain in Flush produces a natural rosiness and the gel-like consistency doesn’t cake-up in rising temperatures. It plays double duty in my makeup bag as a cheek and lip stain (love multi-functional products!). They don’t make a mini version, so I filled a pill container with the product and always have it with me.
- $40 seems ridiculous for the little pen, but Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Éclat works magic masking sleep deprived eyes and that makes it worth every penny! It’s also the perfect highlighter to complement Bahama Mama’s contouring. I’ve tried other brands, this one is the best!
So, what are you summer beauty essentials? Any great products I should know about?
Check back tomorrow for my hair product essentials!