Granola is one of those foods that is so much better homemade. This recipe is easy, healthy and much cheaper than buying it in the store! I like my granola over greek yogurt topped with fresh fruit. The fiber from the granola and protein from the yogurt keep me full and satisfied. Store in an airtight container and it will keep well for 2-3 months.
Yields ~ 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups of whole rolled oats OR quick oats
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spices
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of real Vermont maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of honey or brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas and coconut in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, combine spices, salt, syrup, honey and oil. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Layer a sheet pan with aluminum foil and coat with a little cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Spread granola out on sheet pan evenly and lightly pat down.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure granola browns evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Images via DiCorcia Design // Recipe adapted from My Father's Daughter